University Survival Cookery Course (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
University survival 2-3 day course
Forget the pot noodles and takeaway pizza. Learn how to make simple, tasty dishes for yourself and your new Uni mates and you’ll be the most popular fresher on campus.
Steph’s Off to Uni Survival Course will inspire young people to be able to create delicious food, whilst gaining essential life skills and confidence - building experiences. Good nutrition, kitchen hygiene, time management and how to shop and cook economically are all at the heart of the experience and of course having fun in the kitchen!!!
The course is designed to boost confidence and develop students’ culinary skills and knowledge of cooking, giving them the ability, inspiration and enthusiasm to whip up delicious, affordable meals for flatmates, family and friends.
The Cook with Steph Kitchen is a sociable experience, you will cook some of your recipes in pairs, and some independently. Your day will be made up of a mixture of hands on cookery and demonstrations. You will be eating the food that you have cooked during your class for lunch around my dining room table and there will be plenty to take home too.
Cost £300 for 2 days £400 for 3 days
All ingredients, lunch, snacks and aprons provided
10.00am - 4pm
- Poached eggs, omelettes, the perfect scrambled eggs and bacon
- Minced beef or Quorn and all that you can do with it, Bolognese, lasagne, chilli con carne, shepherd pie
- Mexican fajitas with guacamole and salsa
- Chunky minestrone soup with garlic and herb flatbreads
- Roast chicken Sunday lunch with roasties, cauli cheese and all the veg
- Roasted vegetable pasta bake
- Chicken and chorizo paella
- Thai chicken curry
- Indian curry and all the spices with perfect fluffy rice
- Honey and soy glazed salmon with stir fried veg
- Melt in the mouth chocolate brownies
- Seasonal crumble and custard