Mon - Sat|
Cook with Steph Kitchen
Teens/Uni Survival Days
Forget the takeaway pizza and pot noodle and learn how to make nutritious, tasty meals on a budget with the Cook with Steph cookery days. Designed to teach students everything they need to know, so they can cook for themselves, friends and family.
Time & Location
Mon - Sat
Cook with Steph Kitchen, 8 Gardener's Hill Rd, Wrecclesham, Farnham GU10 4RL, UK
About the Event
Steph’s Teens / Off to Uni Survival Course will inspire young people to be able to create delicious food, whilst gaining essential life skills and confidence - building experiences. Good nutrition, kitchen hygiene, time management and how to shop and cook economically are all at the heart of the experience and of course having fun in the kitchen!!!
The course is designed to boost confidence and develop students’ culinary skills and knowledge of cooking, giving them the ability, inspiration and enthusiasm to whip up delicious, affordable meals for flatmates, family and friends.
The Cook with Steph Kitchen is a sociable experience. Your day will be made up of a mixture of hands on cookery and demonstrations. You will be eating the food that you have cooked during your class for lunch around Steph's dining room table and there will be plenty to take home too.
Students to prepare 1 dish for four people to take home and make a dish together to eat for lunch.
10am – 2pm
£100 per day per person. Choose as many days as you like. Minimum 2 students.
All ingredients, aprons, snacks and lunch provided.
Choose as many days as you like...
- Students to make a spaghetti Bolognese. We will also talk about how to make a chilli con carne and the spices used.
- Students will use the Bolognese sauce to prepare a lasagne and learn how to make a cheesy béchamel sauce to use for the lasagne. We will talk about how to use it for a mac and cheese and a cauliflower cheese.
- Students take home lasagne for 4.
- Students to make spaghetti carbonara together to eat for lunch with a simple salad and a vinaigrette dressing.
- Students to make a chicken or veggie korma curry and learn how to cook fluffy rice.
- We will talk about how to make a veggie curry using up left-over veg from the fridge.
- Students take home curry for 4.
- Students to prepare tray bake chicken/haloumi/veggie fajitas and make homemade salsa together to eat for lunch (we will talk about different tray bakes and simple oven baked suppers).
- Students to make a main meal minestrone soup using up left over veg in the fridge and a quick soda bread.
- Students to take home minestrone soup and soda bread for 4.
- Students to cook a one pan Sunday lunch together - to eat for lunch - roast chicken, potatoes, carrots and peas. Learn about time management and timings. How to cook/steam vegetables – broccoli & carrots and make a simple gravy.
- Students to make stir fried rice with vegetables and Hoisin chicken and vegetable stir-fry.
- Students take home stir-fried rice and Hoisin chicken and vegetable stir fry 4.
- Students to cook a full English breakfast together for lunch. Learn how to make scrambled, poached, fried eggs and an all-day omelette.
- Students to make an easy oven baked risotto with bacon, peas and Parmesan cheese.
- Students take home risotto for 4.
- Students to make sausages, mash and sticky onion gravy for lunch.
- Students to make a pesto pasta bake – the versatility of pesto. A choice of bakes - chicken and broccoli, chorizo and pepper, tomato and chilli, cheesy tuna.
- Students to take home pasta bake for 4.
- Students to make pesto baked salmon with green beans, olives and tomatoes with crushed new potatoes for lunch.
- Students to make bread dough and use it to make bread rolls and a pizza with a homemade tomato sauce and a choice of toppings.
- Students learn how to make a good salad dressing and prepare a perfect salad.
- Students to eat pizza and salad for lunch.
- Students to make a fruit crumble for 4 to take home.